Tom became board certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1998, later getting re-certified in 2003, 2008, and 2013. Throughout his years as an attorney, Tom has handled more than 100 appellate matters, occurring in both state and federal appeals and state and federal mandamus proceedings. Tom has experience arguing before the Texas Supreme Court, the Fifth Circuit, and numerous Texas intermediate courts of appeals, including the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Waco Courts of Appeals. He is well-versed in many areas of law, such as family law, personal injury, contract and commercial disputes, and insurance coverage appeals.
Tom also has nearly a decade of experience handling cases at the trial court level. His involvement has been welcomed for cases in Dallas County, Tarrant County, Rusk County, and even one in Miami-Dade County in Florida.
- University of Houston (J.D., cum laude, 1993; MA (Economics) 1992)
- Texas A&M University (B.S. (Economics) 1987)
- University of Texas at Dallas (MBA ongoing)
Board Certified—Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1998 to present)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubble Peer Review rating system*
- Included in "Super Lawyer" list Texas Monthly Magazine and Law and Politics Magazine, 2009 - 2013
- Collin County Bar Association (Officer, 2005-2011(President, 2009-2010))
- Dallas Bar Association (Treasurer, Appellate Law Section, 2013; Officer, Solo and Small Firm Section, 2008 - 2010 (Chair 2010))
- College of the State Bar of Texas (Fellow)
- Member, Editorial Board, “The Advocate,” State Bar Litigation Section Quarterly Report
- Past Member, State Bar of Texas District 6 Grievance Committee (Chair, 2006-2007 & 2009-2010)
*AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. See www.martindale.com/ratings