There is a popular mythology surrounding motorcycle riders. They are sometimes portrayed as “daredevils” or “risk takers.” The reality is that many riders take safety courses, have years of training riding, and don’t take excessive risks. Unfortunately, motorcycle riders are vulnerable road users. If a driver makes a mistake behind the wheel, the person most likely to be injured in a motorcycle accident is the rider. According to the Insurance Information Institute, motorcyclists were 28 times more likely to die than passenger vehicle occupants for every mile traveled. Thousands of motorcycle riders are killed each year. Many more are seriously injured. For example, in 2016 alone, an estimated 88,000 people were injured while riding motorcycles. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing a range of unique challenges. Victims of motorcycle crashes are more likely to suffer serious injuries, have to miss time from work while they recover from these injuries, and may be more likely to experience pain and suffering as a result of their accidents.
When a passenger vehicle driver makes a mistake behind the wheel that results in a motorcyclist’s serious injuries, the negligent party may be responsible for covering the rider’s medical expenses and other costs. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages from negligent parties. The Lenahan Law Firm are motorcycle accident lawyers in Dallas, Texas who assist victims and their families in seeking the recoveries they may deserve under the law. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim following a motorcycle crash. Contact the Lenahan Law Firm, motorcycle accident lawyers in Dallas, Texas today to learn more about your options and rights under the law. Our firm can review the details of your case, estimate the value of your claim, and fight insurance companies or negligent drivers to help you get the maximum compensation you may be entitled to under the law.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Dallas Assist Me with My Claim?
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may wonder what a lawyer can do to assist you with your claim. The Lenahan Law Firm are motorcycle wreck lawyers in Dallas, Texas who can take care of the claims process so that you and your family can focus on what matters—healing and recovering. What are some things that a motorcycle accident lawyer can assist with?
- Estimating the value of your claim. A serious injury claim involving a motorcycle accident can involve many different components. In addition to looking at the medical bills you have had to pay, and looking at the pay stubs for wages you have lost out on, the motorcycle wreck lawyers at the Lenahan Law Firm can speak to medical experts to estimate the value of future medical expenses and rehabilitation costs. Our firm can also use special formulas to estimate the value of your pain and suffering damages. These damages can vary depending on the seriousness of your injury.
- Gathering evidence to prove negligence. The amount of money you might be able to claim will depend on the role of negligence the other driver played in your crash. The Lenahan Law Firm, motorcycle accident attorneys in Dallas, Texas can review police reports, speak to witnesses, and even contact witnesses to support your case.
- Speaking to insurance adjusters regarding your claim. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you will likely have the right to make a claim either with your insurance company or with the insurance company of the negligent driver. Our firm can be in touch with insurance adjusters and provide them with the documentation they need to reach a settlement. Sometimes insurance adjusters might use computer programs or estimates to determine the value of a claim. These estimates may not always reflect your actual damages and losses accurately. Our firm can carefully oversee the claims process to help you get the best possible outcome permitted under the law.
- Handling the paperwork, so you can focus on healing. The aftermath of a motorcycle accident is stressful enough. The last thing your family needs is the added stress of flagging calls from insurance adjusters or filing a lawsuit. The Lenahan Law Firm are motorcycle wreck attorneys in Dallas, Texas who handle the paperwork so you can focus on what matters.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Dallas, Texas, time is of the essence. You may only have a limited time to make a claim for damages. Contact the Lenahan Law Firm, motorcycle accident lawyers in Dallas, Texas today at 888-828-5630.
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
The immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be stressful and confusing. What should you do after a motorcycle crash in Dallas, Texas? Here are some steps you can take:
- Contact the Lenahan Law Firm. Our Dallas, Texas motorcycle wreck lawyers can help you take steps to protect your legal rights and make a claim with insurance companies.
- Call the police and seek medical attention. Even if you think you might be fine, resist the temptation to walk away from a crash without seeking medical care. Always call the police. A police report can help you make a claim later. Furthermore, there are many kinds of motorcycle injuries that may not be immediately apparent after a crash. These injuries can include traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress injury.
- Keep records. Get the names of witnesses and keep all medical bills and correspondence with your insurer. Your lawyer can help you organize your documentation.
In order to make a claim following your motorcycle accident, you’ll need to report the accident to your insurance company and may need to make a claim against negligent parties. Anything you say to your insurance adjuster can have an impact on your claim. Speak to the motorcycle accident lawyers at the Lenahan Law Firm in Dallas, Texas today.
Motorcycle Death Attorney in Dallas, Texas
The sudden loss of a loved one can be shocking and traumatizing. You may be struggling with immense grief. Families who have lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident may find themselves facing medical expenses. Emergency personnel may take heroic actions to save a crash victims’ life. Victims may receive emergency helicopter services or other heroic measures might be taken. This can add up to thousands of dollars in medical costs. Families may find themselves struggling to make ends meet due to losing the family’s primary breadwinner. Add to these complexities the reality that families have to plan a funeral and may be facing unexpected expenses, and it becomes clear that in addition to the emotional devastation a motorcycle accident leaves, the financial devastation can be challenging as well. If you have recently lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to make a claim under the law for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering your loved one experienced before he or she passed away. You may also be able to collect damages for funeral expenses and loss of companionship. While no amount of money can replace your loved one, a wrongful death lawsuit following a motorcycle accident can give your family the financial support it may need to move forward. A motorcycle death attorney in Dallas, Texas like the Lenahan Law Firm can help you seek damages for:
- Medical costs
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering Damages
- Loss of Companionship
- Funeral Costs
Your family is not alone. The Lenahan Law Firm can help you seek the claim you may deserve under the law. The compassionate and caring motorcycle death attorneys in Dallas, Texas at the Lenahan Law Firm are waiting to assist you. Call us at 888-828-5630.