Why Are Amazon Delivery Trucks Prone to Accidents?
Accidents and collisions caused by tired and overworked delivery truck drivers are common in Denton County. Amazon drivers are commonly involved in such accidents. They work in poor conditions that increase their vulnerability on the road. Amazon drivers are constantly under pressure to deliver goods on time and meet deadlines. This pressure makes them drive recklessly and end up causing accidents.
If you have sustained injuries in an accident caused by an Amazon delivery truck, our dedicated attorneys at The Lenahan Law Firm are ready to help. We will work with you every step of the way and help hold the driver accountable for the damages. Ensure you talk to our team by calling (214) 295-1008 to schedule an appointment.
What Causes Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents?
As mentioned earlier, Amazon truck accidents are prevalent in Texas. These drivers work under extreme conditions that increase the risk of causing accidents. There are many reasons why Amazon drivers are often involved in road accidents. Some of them include the following:
- Speeding - Given their strict working hours and deadlines, Amazon delivery drivers often speed. They work on tight schedules to avoid cancellations and maintain good customer ratings. The rush and pressure make them go at high speeds, which often result in accidents.
- Fatigue - Amazon delivery drivers work for long hours and are under immense pressure. This makes them fatigued and increases the risk of accidents. Sometimes, drivers doze off at the wheel due to fatigue and lengthy working hours.
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles - Most delivery companies focus on making more money and neglect basic vehicle repairs. Delivery trucks are often in poor condition due to a lack of servicing. When on the road, these trucks can easily cause an accident. Inexperienced drivers also contribute to these cases as they lack the skills to navigate busy roads.
Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Injuries
When a heavy Amazon delivery truck is speeding to meet deadlines and hits another car, the injuries can be catastrophic. Amazon delivery truck accidents result in many types of injuries. Some of them include the following:
- Amputations - Truck accidents could cause you to lose your limb. Many victims have to live a life without one of their limbs if they sustain untreatable injuries.
- Broken bones - Such collisions often leave victims with broken bones. The part of the body on which you sustain these injuries depends on the type of accident.
- Spine and Back Injuries - These injuries are often severe and could result in paralysis. Any injury to your spine could change your life significantly when your mobility is affected.
- Permanent Scarring - Accident victims could also have permanent scarring due to the impact of the collision. It could be a deep cut on your face or any mark that distorts your usual appearance.
- Wrongful Death - You can also lose a loved one in an Amazon delivery truck accident as their size makes them especially deadly when handled incompetently.
Amazon Liability Policy
Amazon provides all of its independent contractors with an insurance policy. Commonly referred to as the Amazon Commercial Auto Insurance Policy, this policy provides up to $1,000,000 in coverage for accidents caused by a delivery driver. It is vital to note that Amazon requires all of its delivery drivers to carry personal car insurance. Therefore, accident victims might be able to receive compensation from this insurance policy as well.
Let Our Denton County Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers Help
If you have sustained injuries or damages in an accident caused by an Amazon delivery truck, our experienced Denton County truck accident attorneys at The Lenahan Law Firm are here to help. We have the necessary experience and knowledge to increase your chances of winning the case and holding the driver accountable. Get in touch with us by calling (214) 295-1008 to schedule your free consultation.