With its gorgeous estates and high-end boutiques, Highland Park has become synonymous with luxury. A self-sufficient municipality located only four miles from the center of Dallas, this 2.2 square mile haven is often called “the Bubble.” The Spanish-style Highland Park Village, the first self-contained shopping center when it opened in 1931, is a mecca for upscale retail shopping. As in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metro area, shoppers, commuters, and residents of Highland Park must deal with heavy traffic.
More vehicles on the road make traffic crashes more likely to occur. If you have been injured in a car accident in Highland Park through someone else’s negligence, The Lenahan Law Firm is here to help. We have a history of success in recovering compensation for severely injured clients. Founding attorney Marc Lenahan has been awarded lifetime membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, recognized by Texas Super Lawyers, and rated 10.0 by Avvo.
We offer a free initial consultation with no time limit. Contact us at (214) 295-1008 today.
Traffic crashes have many contributing factors, including hazardous road conditions, inclement weather, and mechanical failure. Most wrecks are caused by some type of driver error or negligence. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Driver distraction is a bigger problem than ever now that most people have smartphones. Distraction is anything that takes the driver’s eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, and attention away from driving.
- Drunk driving: Although it is illegal throughout the U.S., some people still drink and drive. In 2021, 13,384 people were killed in drunk driving accidents, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Approximately one person every 39 minutes dies in an alcohol-related crash in the U.S.
- Drug-impaired driving: DUI laws apply to drugs as well as alcohol. Controlled substances, certain prescription medications, and over-the-counter drugs can significantly impair driving ability.
- Fatigued driving: Driving drowsy or fatigued is similar to driving under the influence of alcohol, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). It can impair a driver’s reaction time, awareness of hazards, and ability to sustain attention.
- Aggressive driving: This combination of dangerous driving behaviors may include speeding excessively, erratic lane changes, tailgating, disregarding traffic signs and signals, cutting off other drivers, and putting others on the road at risk.
Motor vehicle collisions can cause a wide variety of injuries, ranging in severity from minor to fatal. Injuries commonly sustained in car accidents include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Fractured bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Facial fractures and lacerations
If someone else caused your accident and injuries, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy or a lawsuit against the driver in civil court.
Common damages in car accident claims include past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses. Our experienced Highland Park car accident lawyers can accurately assess the full extent of your damages – past, present, and future.
The Lenahan Law Firm has earned a reputation for success. Our Highland Park personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the justice you deserve.
We represent the severely injured and genuinely care about our clients. Whether your case is resolved in negotiations with the insurance company or at trial, you can rest assured that we are dedicated to securing maximum compensation.
Call us today at (214) 295-1008 to arrange your complimentary consultation.