Bluffview is a neighborhood in North Dallas with nearly 4,000 residents. It is known for its shaded, winding streets, central location, and short commute to downtown. Once a dairy farm pasture, this neighborhood is home to some of the city’s most desirable properties. Located in the center of it all, Bluffview residents have access to the entire city. The airports are close, and the freeways all pass through the area. Along with these pros come the cons of heavy traffic and increased risk of a car accident.
If you have been badly hurt in a car crash caused by someone else’s negligence, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced Bluffview car accident attorney as soon as possible. At The Lenahan Law Firm, we have extensive experience and a history of success representing seriously injured accident victims. Marc Lenahan is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group specially designated for top-tier lawyers who have recovered millions of dollars for their clients.
Contact us at (214) 295-1008 to find out how we can help.
Car accidents happen for a number of reasons, including road hazards, inclement weather conditions, and equipment failure. However, most wrecks are caused by some type of driver error, such as:
- Tailgating: Following too closely behind the vehicle ahead is reckless driving behavior that can lead to rear-end collisions. Particularly at highway speeds, tailgating can cause serious accidents if the driver ahead must slow down or stop suddenly for any reason.
- Speeding: More than 12,000 people were killed in speed-related crashes in 2021, as stated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Speeding reduces one’s ability to steer safely around obstacles, increases the time it takes to stop a vehicle, and increases the force of impact in a collision.
- Impaired driving: DUI is illegal throughout the U.S., and yet drunk drivers killed 13,384 people in 2021, as reported by NHTSA. Alcohol and drugs can significantly impair driving ability, including judgment, reaction time, vision, coordination, and concentration.
- Distracted driving: Any activity that diverts attention away from driving is driver distraction. Texting or manipulating an electronic device is particularly alarming, as it requires manual, visual, and cognitive attention.
- Drowsy driving: Every year in the U.S., an estimated 100,000 police-reported drowsy driving crashes cause nearly 800 fatalities and approximately 50,000 injuries, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). Driving drowsy is similar to driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Disregarding traffic signs or signals: Running red lights and stop signs is reckless driving behavior that can lead to deadly accidents. Many T-bone collisions are caused by drivers who fail to stop at red lights or stop signs.
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor to fatal. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Facial fractures and lacerations
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Leg and foot injuries
- Crush injuries
- Back and spinal injuries
In a major car accident case, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your losses related to the crash. The types and amount of compensation can vary based on multiple factors, including the severity of the accidents, who is liable for the accident, and applicable insurance coverage.
Injured car crash victims may be able to seek compensation for numerous damages, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Your Bluffview car accident attorney can assess and calculate the full extent of your damages so that you can pursue maximum compensation.
If you have sustained severe injuries in a car accident, don’t hesitate to contact The Lenahan Law Firm to discuss your legal rights and options. We have earned a reputation for integrity and notable results for our clients.
We have experience handling major cases involving serious injuries and powerful corporations. Our Bluffview personal injury attorneys will provide a tailored assessment of your case to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Contact us at (214) 295-1008 to schedule a free consultation today.