Being injured in a serious accident can completely change your life. A single car crash can leave you disabled, dealing with chronic pain, and anxious about how to move forward with your life. Under Texas’s personal injury laws, if someone else caused your injuries, then they are responsible for paying for your treatment. But you must undergo a long and complex legal process, which should be handled by a skilled attorney.
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, then you may be able to have your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering paid for. To get the money you need to heal, you need to work with an experienced team of Dallas personal injury lawyers who can handle every aspect of your case. The Lenahan Law Firm can provide the in-depth legal knowledge you need to get full compensation for your injuries. To discuss your case in a free consultation, call us at (214) 295-1008.
To receive compensation for your injuries, you will need to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. While this process should be simple, insurance companies never make it easy. Accident victims in Dallas often have to go through a long and complex claims process to get the money they need to heal without any financial burdens.
Under Texas state law, you must prove that:
- The person who injured you had a duty of care to you;
- That person acted in a negligent or unreasonable manner;
- That act of negligence caused the person to break the duty of care and injure you; and
- Your injuries resulted in damages or losses, including financial and personal costs.
In most cases, your claim will be against an insurance company that took on liability for the at-fault party. Insurance companies may appear sympathetic at first, but make no mistake: they are not your friends and they are only interested in profits. They may delay in responding to your calls or emails, offer low settlement offers, try to pin the blame on you, or outright deny your claim.
Whether you are dealing with someone’s auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance, or business liability insurance, you should only trust your case to a legal team with experience in your type of case. Personal injury claims can include everything from car accidents to dog bites to collisions with 18-wheelers. If your attorney does not have that experience and is not capable of forming a legal team with the right talent sets for your case (at no extra fee), then you should not work with them. Instead, you should turn to a team that has a proven track record of success and the capabilities to handle every aspect of your case.
At The Lenahan Law Firm, we have spent years fighting for clients who were catastrophically injured by negligent individuals and companies. If you take a look at our client reviews, you will see that we have handled a wide variety of complex cases. We’ve helped clients who struggled to find new work and had to deal with costly medical bills, and took on the full legal burden of their cases. We can do the same for you.
After someone has injured you, you shouldn’t have to worry about proving how serious your injuries are: you know how bad they are. You deserve the chance to heal with peace and quiet. Unfortunately, insurance companies rarely offer fair deals unless you come to the table with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
The Lenahan Law Firm has built its reputation on fighting big companies and achieving real-world results for clients. We do not mince words or complicate matters when we take on a case. We work to get our clients the best deal possible after they’ve gone through the worst tragedies. If you contact us, we can:
- Offer you a free consultation with no time limit. We will listen carefully to what happened to you, answer your questions, and walk you through the process of getting you justice.
- Provide translation services where necessary. Our staff speaks English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, and we retain translators for any other language you or your family speaks.
- Handle every aspect of your case, from reviewing your options for compensation to investigating the at-fault party to calculating the costs of your injuries.
- Take care of all communications with the at-fault party and insurance company so that you can focus on healing.
- Advocate for your best interests in an insurance negotiation or jury trial.
Do not trust your future to just any lawyer. Let our experienced and dedicated personal injury team shoulder the weight of getting your compensation.
A serious accident can lead to catastrophic injuries, disfigurements, disabilities, and extensive medical expenses. If someone else caused your injuries, then you should not have to bear these costs alone. The person who injured you is responsible for paying out proper compensation for your trauma.
In the state of Texas, there is no cap on compensation for personal injury claims, and you can recover compensation for:
- All medical expenses, including past and future treatment
- Lost wages from taking time off work to recover
- Lost earning capacity if you had to change jobs or careers
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you have suffered a devastating injury at the hands of a negligent party, you should know that you have rights. At our firm, we fully understand the scope of a debilitating injury, and we have made it our mission to fight strictly for the rights of accident victims in Dallas, Fort Worth, and throughout Texas.
Sustaining an unjustified injury can lead to a life that is forever changed, including:
- Financial burden of unending medical expenses
- Emotional trauma of inevitable pain & suffering
- Physical damage that cannot be undone
If you have been forced to suffer through similar circumstances, you should not hesitate to pursue the compensation that you deserve. You have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim; six months if your injuries were caused by a government agency. When dealing with such short timelines and a complex legal process, you should not have to settle for legal representation that will be quick to disregard your needs.
With the help of a Dallas personal injury attorney from The Lenahan Law Firm, you can rest assured that your best interests will always be kept in mind. For more information about your rights as a victim, you should not hesitate to contact our firm today by calling (214) 295-1008.
- How To Pick a Personal Injury Attorney
- How To Afford Your Medical Bills During A Claim
- What You Can Do To Get The Most Out Of Your Personal Injury Claim