Skilled Representation for Serious Injury Victims in Lakewood Heights
Lakewood Heights is a gracefully aging neighborhood that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2013. It is known for its mature trees, great walkability and biking, and close proximity to White Rock Lake, Tietze Park, and Lakewood Shopping Center.
Comprised of eleven east-west streets, with Monticello in the north and Richmond in the south, Lakewood Heights is situated between Skillman Avenue and Abrams Boulevard. It is five minutes from the DART Mockingbird Station, with entertainment venues and train access to downtown and the Dallas Zoo.
The average commute time for workers who live in Lakewood Heights is 25 minutes. Commuters in Dallas during rush hour traffic face the ever-present risk of a motor vehicle crash with injuries. If you have been hurt in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you are entitled to seek compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury is injury to the body, emotions, or reputation. Victims harmed through someone else’s act or failure to act have protection under personal injury law. They may recover compensation for their losses in a successful personal injury lawsuit.
Our Lakewood Heights personal injury attorneys are dedicated to your right to recover full compensation for severe or catastrophic injuries. We have a proven track record of success and the capabilities to handle every aspect of your personal injury claim.
What Types of Accidents Can Lead to Personal Injury Lawsuits in Lakewood Heights?
Virtually any type of serious accident can cause injuries that give rise to a personal injury lawsuit. Accidents commonly caused by the negligence of others include:
- Car accidents: The impact of an automobile crash can cause a range of severe injuries, particularly at highway speeds.
- Truck accidents: More large trucks than ever are on the roadways today. In a collision between a passenger vehicle and a big rig, occupants of the smaller vehicle are likely to suffer serious injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: Many motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers who fail to see the motorcycle on the roadway. Without the protection of an enclosed vehicle, riders are vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash.
- Bicycle accidents: One of the main risks for cyclists is negligent drivers on the road. Drivers who are distracted, disregard traffic signals, or fail to yield the right of way can cause serious bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians have no protection when struck by a car or truck. They often suffer catastrophic injuries, such as brain injury, spinal cord damage, or amputation.
- Premises liability accidents: Property owners have a duty to maintain a safe environment free from unreasonable hazards. When they fail to do so and someone is injured as a result, they may be held liable in a premises liability claim.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death lawsuit may be brought against someone who is liable for a death. In Texas, persons entitled to file a wrongful death action are the surviving spouse, children, and parents of the deceased, and the executor or administrator of the deceased if no civil action has been brought within three calendar months of the death.
Who Is Liable for Accidents and Injuries?
A party who caused an accident through negligence or wrongdoing may be held liable for resulting injuries. Our experienced Lakewood Heights personal injury lawyers can investigate your accident to determine what caused it and who is responsible. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we can collect evidence, build a strong case, assess your damages, and work to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries in Lakewood Heights through someone else’s negligence, contact The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.