Preston Hollow is an affluent neighborhood in the heart of Dallas and home to billionaires, athletes, and a former president. Its attractions include large plots of land, privacy, and proximity to excellent schools. Nevertheless, Preston Hollow drivers must deal with the same heavy traffic as other Dallas residents, including increasing numbers of semi-tractor-trailers. Large trucks account for 12% of vehicle miles traveled in Texas annually. I-45 and I-35 are major thoroughfares for truck traffic through Dallas.
Occupants of a passenger vehicle can be seriously injured in a collision with a fully loaded 18-wheeler weighing 80,000 pounds or more. If you have been hurt in a truck accident that was someone else’s fault, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced Preston Hollow personal injury attorney as soon as possible. At The Lenahan Law Firm, we handle truck accident injury cases every day. Approximately one-third of our clients have been hurt in accidents involving big rigs. We focus our practice exclusively on litigating severe injury claims.
Contact us at (214) 295-1008 to find out about your options after a Preston Hollow truck accident.
Many truck accidents are caused by some sort of negligence on the part of the trucker, the trucking company, a truck or parts manufacturer, or another party. Common causes of collisions involving 18-wheelers include:
- Fatigued driving: Federal hours of service regulations are meant to help prevent truckers from driving fatigued. Drivers under pressure to meet delivery deadlines may violate these regulations.
- Drug-impaired driving: Researchers found that 27.6% of truck drivers use drugs, primarily amphetamines and cocaine, in a recent study published in the Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene (JPMH).
- Speeding: To meet strict delivery deadlines, truckers could be tempted to speed. This increases the risk of a deadly crash for other motorists sharing the road.
- Negligent lane changes: Large trucks have huge blind spots. Truck drivers who fail to signal and carefully check their blind spots before changing lanes can cause deadly collisions.
- Failure to maintain vehicles: Trucking companies are required to regularly inspect and maintain their trucks. Failure to maintain semi-trucks can lead to serious accidents, for example, when brakes fail or tires blow out.
- Improperly secured loads: Because of their size, design, and high center of gravity, big rigs are prone to roll over or jackknife. When a load is not secured, the weight can shift, causing the truck to wreck. Cargo can spill onto the road, creating dangerous obstacles for other motorists.
In 2021, in the U.S., 117,300 large trucks were involved in accidents that caused injury, as stated by the National Safety Council (NSC). Occupants of smaller vehicles are likely to suffer serious injuries in a truck accident. Common severe injuries include:
- Fractured bones
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
After a serious truck accident caused by the negligence of another, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. Truck accidents are complex cases involving state and federal regulations and multiple potentially liable parties. Your best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve is to have an experienced Preston Hollow truck accident attorney handling your case.
At The Lenahan Law Firm, we have the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively pursue the maximum compensation available for your injuries and losses. Our Preston Hollow attorneys have a reputation for honesty and notable results. Founding attorney Marc Lenahan is one of the most accomplished severe injury attorneys in the nation.
Call us today at (214) 295-1008 to schedule your free initial consultation.