Preston Hollow is one of the most exclusive Dallas neighborhoods, located just six miles north of downtown. It is home to political and media figures and regular people who have chosen a neighborhood that offers a superior quality of life. The community has easy access to the Dallas North Tollway and Northwest Highway, but the boundaries are Midway Road, Northwest Highway, Hillcrest Avenue, and Royal Lane.
These highways and streets allow residents to get to work, drive to perform daily tasks or drive children to and from school or attend classes at Southern Methodist University. While life in the area is generally safe and pleasant, sudden deaths can occur, whether from a vehicle accident, medical malpractice, a construction accident, pedestrian accident, or truck accident.
Under Texas law, a wrongful death is when an individual dies due to a wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, or other negligent actions by another individual or entity. In these cases, the surviving family members have the right to file a wrongful death action against the responsible party. If you have lost a loved one due to a negligent or reckless act in the Preston Hollow area, contact The Lenahan Law firm at (214) 295-1008.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucks, vans, and service vehicles are a common sight in Russwood Acres. These vehicles are essential for delivering goods to serve local businesses and residents. However, when these vehicles are driven unsafely, they can cause fatal accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Negligent drivers are the primary cause of fatal pedestrian accidents. Drivers who are distracted, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or who simply fail to pay attention to their surroundings can cause serious injuries or even death. Pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks and intersections, but an innocent person can be fatally injured when a driver fails to yield.
- Medical Malpractice: When medical professionals fail to provide an acceptable standard of care, they can cause serious harm to patients. Negligent medical professionals can include doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, dentists, and other healthcare providers. Negligent medical professionals can cause harm in several ways, including misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, surgical errors, medication errors, and more. When a medical professional is negligent, they can be held liable for the death of a loved one by filing a wrongful death claim.
- Construction Accidents: At our law firm, we have seen the tragic consequences of construction accidents in Preston Hollow. Construction workers are busy in some of the most dangerous work environments, where fatal accidents can occur. When a third party contributed to the loss of life, such as a utility provider, sub-contractor, vehicle operator, or equipment or tool manufacturer, a third-party wrongful death lawsuit can be brought.
- Car Accidents: Commuters, residents, and visitors who operate vehicles in the Preston Hollow area may be rushing to work, school, social events, or other engagements and driving unsafely. When a driver operates a vehicle in a negligent or reckless manner, it puts other drivers and their passengers at risk of death in a vehicle accident. In these cases, a wrongful death claim can be filed to seek justice.
In Texas, close family members have the right to file a wrongful death claim in cases in which another party acted negligently or recklessly, causing the death of a loved one. The Texas statute of limitations allows for two years from the time of death in which to file a claim.
The damages pursued in a wrongful death claim are designed to compensate the surviving family members for the losses they have suffered as a result of the death of a loved one. Economic damages are meant to compensate the family for their financial losses, such as the loss of the deceased person’s income, benefits, and other financial support. Non-economic damages compensate the family for their emotional losses, such as the loss of companionship, guidance, and emotional support. Punitive damages may also be awarded in cases where the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious. These damages are awarded to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
Many law firms operate on a volume basis, taking on as many clients as possible. At The Lenahan Law Firm, we take a different approach, taking on only a limited number of cases, allowing us to deliver the highest level of personalized counsel and pour all of our time and resources into each case. Our Preston Hollow wrongful death lawyers work closely with families who have lost a loved one, helping them seek justice and full compensation and holding the responsible party accountable.
Contact our Preston Hollow personal injury attorneys today at (214) 295-1008 to speak with us about your wrongful death legal matter, and how to move forward to seek justice for the loss of your loved one.