North Dallas features sprawling estates and rows of ranch-style homes. The most prestigious private schools in the city are located in this area, between Northwest Highway, LBJ Freeway, Midway Road, and Central Expressway.
NorthPark Center, the largest mall in Dallas, provides the ultimate high-end shopping experience. It is ranked among the top five shopping destinations in the U.S. The Center’s art collection, on display in designated areas, features the works of Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, and the likes. The mall also features an ice skating rink under a vaulted glass ceiling, modeled after the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a major landmark in Milan, Italy.
North Dallas is a diverse place to live, with many young professionals, families, and retirees. Most employed residents are white collar workers, and the average commute is 23 minutes. In 2021, there were a total of 35,355 traffic crashes in Dallas, 1,284 of which caused serious injuries, as reported by Texas DOT. After a serious accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek compensation in a personal injury claim.
A personal injury claim is a civil action to recover compensation for injury to the body, emotions, or reputation. Most personal injury claims are based on negligence, which can be defined as failure to exercise the level of care that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in the same or similar circumstances.
Our North Dallas personal injury lawyers are honest, dedicated to our clients, and known for notable results. We have been awarded lifetime membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, named among Texas Super Lawyers®, and rated 10.0 by Avvo.
Any accident with injuries caused by the negligence of another can lead to a personal injury lawsuit. In the North Dallas area, motor vehicle accidents are a common cause of personal injury. Our firm handles a range of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents: When a 4,000-pound moving vehicle collides with another vehicle, the force of impact can cause serious injuries to occupants.
- Truck accidents: A large commercial truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more when fully loaded. A collision with a big rig can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries to passenger vehicle occupants.
- Motorcycle accidents: Negligent drivers cause many motorcycle accidents. The majority of motorcycle fatalities in 2020 occurred on urban roads, as reported by the National Safety Council (NSC).
- Bicycle accidents: Although only 1% of all trips in the U.S. are on bicycles, cyclists account for more than 2% of all crash fatalities involving a motor vehicle on U.S. roads, as stated by CDC.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian motor vehicle crash deaths have increased by 59% since 2009, as reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- Electric vehicle battery fires: Electric cars that use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are becoming more popular throughout the country. These batteries can sometimes burst into flames, causing severe burn injuries to occupants.
- Wrongful death: When a person dies through someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, the deceased person’s spouse, children, or parents may file a wrongful death claim for compensation. If they fail to file within three calendar months from the date of death, the executor or administrator of the deceased may file a lawsuit.
The damages you are entitled to claim for serious personal injury will depend on the circumstances of your case and the nature and extent of your injuries. Common damages include past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Contact The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008 if you have been a victim of personal injury in North Dallas. We can advise you of your options under the law.