With its ranch-style homes and sprawling estates, North Dallas is home to some of the wealthiest people in the city. Located between Northwest Highway, LBJ Freeway, Midway Road, and Central Expressway, it offers easy access to downtown and other locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. As for the traffic, Dallas ranked number 14 for the most congested cities in the U.S. in a recent study from INRIX. Researchers found that the typical driver in North Texas lost 56 hours in traffic congestion in 2022. Increasing numbers of large commercial trucks only add to the problem. Because of an expansion of the Panama Canal, Texas may allow even heavier trucks on some major highways, as reported by the Texas Tribune.
If you have been injured in a North Dallas truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to evaluate your legal options. You may have a claim for compensation against the at-fault party. Contact The Lenahan Law Firm—we can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim. Our firm handles only a limited number of serious injury cases, and approximately one-third of our clients are truck accident victims.
We take pride in recovering high-value settlements for our clients. Contact our North Dallas personal injury lawyers at (214) 295-1008 for a free initial consultation.
Trucks can crash for many reasons and in a number of different ways. Many truck accidents involving smaller vehicles are caused by the negligence of the truck driver, the trucking company, or another party. Common types of truck collisions include:
- Rear-end accidents: Large trucks need more time and distance to stop. A trucker who is speeding, distracted, fatigued, or impaired can crash into the rear of another vehicle.
- Underride accidents: Semi-trucks are much higher off the ground than passenger vehicles. Underrides occur when a smaller vehicle slides under the truck. This can shear off or crush the roof of the passenger vehicle, with deadly consequences for its occupants.
- Rollovers: Large trucks can roll over when the driver takes a turn too fast, hits something on the road, or over-corrects in steering. When an 18-wheeler rolls over, it can crush another vehicle.
- Jackknife accidents: Jackknifing occurs when the trailer swings out at an “L” or “V” shaped angle to the truck. This can happen when a trucker brakes suddenly. When the trailer swings out, it can hit other vehicles and block lanes of traffic, causing a multi-vehicle pileup.
- Blind spot accidents: Big rigs have large blind spots on all four sides. Truck drivers who change lanes or merge into traffic without first checking their blind spots can hit other vehicles in adjoining lanes.
Negligent truck drivers and trucking companies cause accidents in various ways, including:
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Drug-impaired driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to properly secure cargo
- Failure to properly maintain trucks
Due to the enormous difference in size and weight, a collision between a passenger vehicle and a large commercial truck can cause severe, catastrophic, or fatal injuries to occupants of the smaller vehicle. Common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ damage
- Fractured bones
- Crush injuries
- Severe burns
Our North Dallas truck accident attorneys at The Lenahan Law Firm have extensive experience handling truck accident cases. We can negotiate skillfully for a fair settlement on your behalf and are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our firm is dedicated to providing high-quality legal counsel to severe injury victims and families of wrongful death victims. After a serious truck accident, contact us at (214) 295-1008 to explore your legal options. We’re here to fight for you.