Russwood Acres is a neighborhood in the heart of Preston Hollow, one of the most affluent areas in Dallas and home to a former president. It offers a sparse, urban feel, with ranch style homes and sprawling lawns on half-acre lots.
This intimate neighborhood with a small-town feel is minutes away from private schools. The homes have rear alleys with underground utilities. Live oaks planted in 1962 are full-grown and flourishing throughout the neighborhood. There is no through traffic in Russwood Acres, so crime rates are low. Residents join supper clubs, book clubs, wine clubs, and walking clubs.
Even in Russwood Acres, serious accidents can happen. Pedestrians are vulnerable to catastrophic injuries when hit by a motor vehicle. Bicyclists, motorcyclists, drivers, and passengers can be seriously injured in a traffic crash. Under the law, injury victims can recover compensation from responsible parties in a personal injury claim.
Personal injury is injury to a person’s body, emotions, or reputation. Personal injury law, also known as tort law, is designed to protect victims injured or harmed through someone else’s actions or failure to act. A personal injury lawsuit provides a legal means to recover damages for losses suffered through the negligence or wrongdoing of another.
Our Russwood Acres personal injury attorneys have a reputation for notable results. We only represent the severely injured, so there is no doubt of the importance of the loss. Our firm is known for honesty, caring about our clients personally, and representing only those we believe in.
Any type of serious accident can cause catastrophic injuries. Types of accidents that frequently lead to personal injury claims in Russwood Acres and throughout the state include:
- Car accidents: The force of impact when two vehicles collide can cause a range of severe injuries, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, internal organ damage, bone fractures, crush injuries, and amputations.
- Truck accidents: A fully loaded 18-wheeler can weigh 80,000 pounds or more. In a collision involving a large commercial truck, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles are smaller and less stable than four-wheeled passenger vehicles. Riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle and are vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. They can be ejected from the bike and collide with objects or be thrown into traffic.
- Bicycle accidents: Head injuries, concussions, and traumatic brain injury are common in bicycle accidents. Cyclists may also sustain back, neck, and spinal injuries; fractured bones; and internal organ damage and bleeding.
- Pedestrian accidents: A pedestrian struck by a 4,000-pound passenger vehicle is likely to sustain severe injuries. Common injuries in pedestrian accidents include bone fractures, dislocations, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injury.
- Electric vehicle battery fires: When a lithium-ion battery in an electric car bursts into flames, it can take tens of thousands of gallons of water to extinguish the fire. Vehicle occupants can sustain severe burn injuries.
- Wrongful death: When someone is killed through the negligence or wrongdoing of another, surviving family members are entitled to file a wrongful death claim for compensation to hold responsible parties accountable.
Catastrophic injuries can have life-altering consequences. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in Russwood Acres through someone else’s negligence, you deserve to recover full compensation for your losses. You may be entitled to claim damages including past and future medical expenses, lost earnings, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses. Contact The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008 to find out how we can help.