Motorcycle Injury and Wrongful Death Cases in Denton County
Texans love their motorcycles, and the freedom of taking to the highway, but riders face serious dangers if they are in the vicinity of a negligent driver. A momentary loss of attention by a driver can lead to serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. The motorcyclist has little protection, and is thrown off the bike, into the roadway, causing serious physical damage.
The Rights and Responsibilities of Motorcyclists on Texas Roads
Riders have specific rights and responsibilities when operating a bike on Texas streets, roads, and highways. Some of the rules include:
- No person under age five can be a passenger on a motorcycle.
- Passengers between the ages of 5 and 21 must wear an approved helmet.
- For riders over 21, a helmet is not required if you have passed a DPS-approved Motorcycle Operator Training Course or have at least $10,000 in medical insurance.
- Lane splitting is not legal in Texas.
- Your bike must pass an annual inspection.
- A right-hand turn must be made as close as practicable to the curb or edge of the roadway.
Denton County Motorcycle Accidents – How do they Happen?
A staggering number of motorcycle accidents occur in Denton County, Texas. The hilly terrain and curved roads make this region a favorite for riders. Across the state, the statistics show that 413 riders or their passengers died due to their injuries in a recent year, as reported by the Texas DOT. Many of these incidents occur due to:
- Driver who is drunk or drug intoxicated
- Distracted driver
- Driver merging onto lane, hitting rider
- Driver fails to notice motorcyclist at stop sign or light (rear-end collision)
- Left hand turns at intersections
- Driver texting or talking on phone
- Driver changing lanes into motorcyclist
How to Receive Compensation after a Motorcycle Accident
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligent driving behavior of another vehicle operator, you have the right to pursue compensation. The amount sought in a claim or lawsuit must be evaluated correctly. To avoid agreeing to a settlement far lower than you deserve, it is important that your case is managed by a Denton County personal injury lawyer with a record of high-value settlements and jury verdicts.
The Lenahan Law Firm is widely recognized as being the premier personal injury law firm for motorcycle accident cases. We represent the seriously injured in motorcycle accident cases and have achieved many notable case results over our years in practice. Every detail of a case is managed with ultimate skill. All members of the legal team participate in our cases in a collaborative approach. If you or a family member was injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our firm at (214) 295-1008 for a free initial consultation.
Negotiating a Settlement for a Serious Motorcycle Injury Case
The negligent driver’s insurance company is very unlikely to make a fair settlement offer. As for-profit organizations, the lower the settlement, the higher the profits. At our firm, we have extensive experience in negotiating the terms of a fair settlement for injured riders, or families who have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. Our resources include medical experts, financial experts, accident reconstruction experts and others that can be called upon if we bring a lawsuit. Our goal is to achieve the maximum possible in compensation, including:
- Economic damages: All the financial losses incurred by the injured, including medical bills, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and other similar costs.
- Non-economic damages: These damages are for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, emotional anguish, loss of consortium and other very personal losses.
Contact The Lenahan Law Firm Today.
We take on cases of serious injury or wrongful death after a motorcycle accident on a contingency fee basis. Call us today at (214) 295-1008.