Representing People Injured by Reckless Delivery Drivers
Nowadays, you can buy almost everything through your phone or computer. Online shopping and fast delivery are the norm, with most companies offering expedited shipping. Despite its convenience, there is a real-world cost when businesses chase easy profits and cut corners. Companies often pressure delivery drivers to speed, drive while fatigued, or ignore basic roadway safety to complete deliveries on time, putting other drivers and pedestrians in danger.
If you were injured by a delivery driver, then you may be eligible for full compensation for all the damages you have suffered. Our dedicated and experienced Dallas delivery vehicle accident attorneys understand how complex these accidents can. We can investigate every aspect of your case so that not a single detail is left out and advocate for compensation for you. Delivery companies are required to have sizable liability insurance policies, but they do not like to fight fair. Let us take them on for you. Call The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008 to set up a free consultation.
Is There a Rise in Negligent Delivery Companies?
All major companies push for speed when rolling out products, relying heavily on online orders and massive delivery networks to make customers happy. But Amazon Prime’s “free” delivery and FedEx and UPS do not include the harsh costs that their services cause: serious, and often deadly, delivery accidents.
Over the past decades, shipping accidents have become frequent as more companies jump on the delivery train. Drivers are expected to work very tight schedules, complete tens to hundreds of deliveries in a day, and overload their vehicles. When push comes to shove, safety is often ignored in the name of profits.
Here is just a snapshot of the real-world consequences of rushed delivery drivers:
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) reported over 26,000 accidents in a recent year according to an annual report to Congress.
- Amazon delivery drivers are expected to deliver a package every two minutes during an average eight-hour shift.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has logged more than 2,400 FedEx accidents, including nearly 800 deaths, in a two-year period.
- UPS saw similar numbers, with over 2,600 accidents involving their drivers, 950 of which involved injuries and 61 deaths.
These crashes involve both fully loaded 18-wheelers and smaller delivery vans that handle the last mile, or the distance between a distribution center and a customer’s home. Both types of vehicles need to be handled with care, and big rigs should only be operated by drivers with CDLs.
Holding Drivers Responsible for Your Injuries
There is no excuse for causing a delivery accident. People who are driving for money should always follow the law, and companies should never put profits over public safety. Unfortunately, these collisions are becoming more and more common these days.
If you were injured by a delivery driver, then you should talk to an attorney about your options. The team at The Lenahan Law Firm can investigate the driver who struck you and his or her parent company to determine if they acted negligently. In our experience, the wrecks are often caused by:
- Fatigued drivers who have worked long hours
- Drivers who are distracted by cellphones or GPS devices
- Overloaded vehicles that are harder to stop
- Drivers who are speeding or rushing to complete deliveries
- Poorly trained or inexperienced drivers
- Poorly maintained vehicles that have damaged parts
Receiving Proper Compensation After a Collision
All commercial vehicle operators are expected to have sizable liability policies in the event of a collision. Most major shipping companies, including UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Amazon third-party operators, have more than enough money to cover the costs of a serious accident, but their insurance companies rarely pay out fair deals. Insurers are in the business of denying claims and collecting high premiums. To get proper compensation for your injuries, you will need to work with a skilled legal team that will fight for your future.
Since 2007, The Lenahan Law Firm has been fighting for injured clients throughout the Dallas area. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts. If you bring your case to us, you can trust that we will advocate for:
- All of your medical expenses, including surgeries, rehabilitation, hospital care, medication, and equipment
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Physical trauma of your injuries (“pain and suffering”)
- Mental and emotional anguish
Get a Free Consultation Today
Going head-to-head with a big corporation and its insurance providers requires knowledge and expertise, which The Lenahan Law Firm has in spades. Our Dallas truck accident lawyers only take on a small number of cases at a time so that we can offer our clients the best legal representation available. If you were injured by a negligent delivery driver or company, we can handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Reviewing the other driver’s insurance policy and your own policy
- Researching how the crash occurred
- Collecting witness statements, accident reports, photos, and video footage
- Consulting with accident reconstructionists and automotive experts
- Handling all communications with the insurance company
- Fighting for full compensation in a settlement negotiation or jury trial
We offer crash victims completely free consultations to talk about their cases. If you come to our Dallas office, we will sit down and listen to what happened to you before explaining what we can do for you. Let us fight for you. Call The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008.