Motorhomes and RVs have become a popular way for Texans to enjoy the great outdoors and travel throughout the country while enjoy most modern comforts. As popular as these vehicles are, drivers should never forget how dangerous they can be. Motorhomes are powerful and heavy, demanding the full attention of their drivers. One wrong move, and an RV driver could cause a catastrophic accident that forever changes someone’s life.
If you were injured due to a negligent motorhome driver, you deserve full compensation for your trauma. You should not have to worry about paying your medical bills or struggling because you had to give up your career to heal. At The Lenahan Law Firm, our Dallas RV accident lawyers count all of the costs you have suffered in an accident and advocate for the full value of your injuries. We know you’re in a difficult position, which is why there is no cost to sitting down with us for a free consultation and learning how we can fight for you. Call us today at (214) 295-1008 to get the legal representation you need after a serious accident.
RVs present many of the same dangers as a bus or semi-truck. These vehicles have a variety of models, with the largest being 33 feet long and the heaviest weighing as much as 33,000 lbs. In the wrong hands, these vehicles can cause a lot of damage. Despite their similarities to other heavy vehicles, RV drivers are exempt from acquiring a commercial driver’s license (CDL), but must have a Class A, B, or C non-commercial license – whatever the state requires.
If an inexperienced driver fails to acquire the proper license for operating a motorhome, that is already negligent, but even certified drivers can cause accidents if they:
- Tailgate, speed, or drive aggressively
- Drive while using a cell phone
- Drink and drive
- Drive for long hours and fall asleep at the wheel
- Fail to properly maintain their vehicles
- Overload their vehicles
- Allow cargo to fall off of or out of the vehicle
- Fail to check blind spots
- Speed at sharp turns
- Drive under low bridges without checking the height requirement
- Ignore local traffic laws, run red lights, or ignore pedestrians’ right of way
Drivers should always act responsibly and focus on the safety of those around them. RV owners often see their vehicles as fun ways to escape into nature, but that is no excuse for disregarding others’ safety.
Given the size and weight of motorhomes, their drivers need to take extra care to avoid a collision. These vehicles need more time to come to complete stops and have wider blind spots, meaning drivers must pay extra attention when at the wheel. If not, they can cause serious accidents, including:
- Sideswipes, when drivers change lanes without checking blind spots
- Rear-end collisions, if drivers speed or are distracted
- T-bone collisions, when drivers run red lights or ignore traffic signs
- Rollovers, which can occur when vehicles are overloaded or drivers speed at a sharp turns
- Tire blowouts, which can occur due to a lack of maintenance, an overloaded RV, or reckless maneuvers that strain the tire past its limits
- Lost cargo or runaway trailers, if trailers are not secured to the vehicles
These accidents are 99% preventable so long as drivers act responsibly. Sadly, one irresponsible driver can cause widespread devastation, leaving multiple drivers, bicyclists, or pedestrians suffering due to his negligence. When these accidents happen, The Lenahan Law Firm is here to provide the legal representation you need to get justice.
The costs of an RV accident should not be understated. Victims are often left with debilitating injuries, thousands of dollars in property damage, expensive medical bills, and deep mental scars. You deserve fair treatment and compensation when you file a car accident claim, but even if the other driver has a sizable liability policy, their insurance company is unlikely to offer much aid.
Insurance companies never want to pay out the full value of a claim and often lowball accident victims. If you go into a claim on your own, you can expect to have your injuries questioned, damages devalued, and claim dismissed. However, with an experienced attorney at The Lenahan Law Firm by your side, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- All medical treatment, including past and future bills
- Lost wages if you took time off work to heal and attend doctors’ appointments
- Lost earning capacity if you had to change careers or reduce your work hours
- The physical pain of your injuries
- Mental anguish
Since 2007, The Lenahan Law Firm has taken on the most complex accident cases in Dallas and helped clients get what they deserve from dismissive insurance companies. We know how damaging RV accidents can be. If you bring your case to us, our Dallas personal injury lawyers can offer the compassion and strength you need to get proper compensation. To discuss your case in a free consultation, call The Lenahan Law Firm at (214) 295-1008 today.